I know the combination sounds a little odd, especially if you’re not used to thinking of lavender as a food, but the lavender is subtle and the combination of sweet and savory is terrific. The lavender inspiration came from Chef Tom Minchella’s Perfectly Roast Chicken with Lavender, which you MUST try. I roasted two, one for dinner the other night and an extra with the idea of chicken salad swirling in my head. I knew I wanted something with fruit and the Strawberry Vinaigrette seemed like a natural choice.
You can use any cooked chicken you like. Next time I’ll probably just poach a bunch of chicken breasts, because I’m lazy like that.
- Strawberries, 5 or 6 large
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar, 1/4 cup
- Extra Light Olive Oil, 1/3 cup
- Cream, 1/4 cup
- Cooked Chicken, 3 to 4 cups, diced
- Strawberries, 1 1/2 cups, sliced
- Green Onions, 4 or 5
- Sliced Almonds, 2/3 cup
- Lavender, 1 teaspoon
- French Bread or Baguettes