This one dates back to my days of copying recipes onto index cards, back in the dark ages before the internet when I’d check out stacks of cookbooks and magazines from the library and clip recipes from the newspaper. I don’t know the original source but it’s been a favorite here for many, many years. It’s rich and satisfying so a little slice goes a long way.
It’s easy but be sure to allow plenty of time for it to chill completely. It’s one to do a day ahead. Save a little time and effort by purchasing a pre-made crust if you like.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs, 1 1/2 cups
- Sugar, 1/3 cup
- Butter, 6 tablespoons
- Cream Cheese, 8 ounces,room temperature
- Creamy Peanut Butter, NOT all-natural, 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- Butter, 2 tablespoons
- Cream, 1 cup
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tablespoon
- Semisweet Chocolate, 6 ounces
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1/2 cup of cream over low heat. Add the chocolate and stir over very low heat until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is nice and smooth. Set it aside and let it cool completely.