This cool and tangy corn and tomato salad is another recipe from Southern Living: Off The Eaten Path that looked too good not to try. Not only was it a big hit, it was an easy side dish perfect for Sunday supper on a hot summer day.
- Flat-Leaf Parsley 1/2 cup chopped (I used regular curly parsley because that’s what grows in my garden)
- Sour Cream, 1/2 cup
- Mayo, 1/2 cup
- Cider Vinegar, 1/3 cup
- Kosher Salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Dried Oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Grape Tomatoes, 1 3/4 cups, halved
- Frozen Corn, 24 ounces, thawed
- Green Pepper, 1, diced
- Red Onion, 1/2, diced
Make sure the corn is room temperature before mixing in the sour cream, mayo, parsley, vinegar and spices. I could have mixed the dressing separately but it didn’t seem to make any difference and it spared me another bowl to wash.